Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Remember a day before today

Since I've been getting into Elvis I've really been itching to go digging through the antiques stores. Unfortunately I live in Europe so there's not much to be found like I'd imagine there is in the US, but it never hurts to look anyway, and really I love any excuse to go antiquing. It's fun to look around and fantasize about what my future forever home might look like.

rocking horse shelves pig tounge teddy

Bears like this always break my heart a little bit. Someone clearly loved him very fiercely once, and judging from how worn he is probably carried him everywhere for comfort. And now he's locked in a cabinet and will probably never have the chance to be loved like that ever again :(

pig violin
I love weird oddities. A pig playing a violin, why not.

paperweights empire state 60s lounge mikey sign rabbit mushroom green acces pooh bear tiger indian elvis
The one single Elvis thing I found. It's a clock and his legs swing from side to side for the seconds. I did not buy it.

60s clothing 50s clothing records froggo
I can never resist a frog.

purchases
The things I did buy. The dress is genuine 1950s and was cheap because it has a hole in it, but I think I can fix it up and it'll make a nice summer dress. Also some Donovan and Elvis records, and a tiny little porcelain Alice.

1 comment: