Sunday, September 15, 2019

Project 365: II


10/365 - Sunday 8 September: All of the animals were out in the lane. Autumn is the time of year I'm most grateful to live in the countryside.


11/365 - Monday 9 September: I went hunting around my local thrift shops for nothing in particular, and found this wonderful Russian plate with various characters from fairy tales and folklore. It does have some information in Russian on the back, and although I've been learning Cyrillic on and off there's no way I'm able to read it just yet. I love Russian fairy tales though, they inspire my illustration a lot and I did part of my final project at university on Baba Yaga, so the plate had to come home with me.


12/365 - Tuesday 10 September: I spent the day in Liverpool for no reason in particular.



13/365 - Friday 13 September: I got really ill when I was in Liverpool so missed a few days. Friday was spent at the mall where I spent a gentle day browsing the shops just to get out and have a change of scenery (and check the Disney Store sale of course!). I spent some time drawing on my iPad in Costa - I've given up caffeine since I was in New York as it made me sick. It wasn't the coffee itself that made me ill, but I was so sick that the smell of it made it worse, and then I had terrible withdrawal and to be honest the whole ordeal kind of scared me as I realized how powerful caffeine is. So I've been discovering alternatives, and I really enjoy Costa's Bonfire Spiced Hot Chocolate. I bought a handful of things from Primark, and got a proper book of Russian fairy tales with Ivan Bilibin's illustrations. I also popped across to IKEA as it's the only place I can get Lingonberry jam and it's my favorite.


14/365 - Saturday 14 September: I lost some weight and for a while now none of my jeans have fit, and there's no way I'm wasting good money on new jeans when I hardly wear them in the first place! They're 'mom' style jeans so they look OK a bit baggy, but they'd fall straight off me as the waist was so big. So I found a hack online that involves threading some elastic through the waistband and spent my Saturday afternoon hand sewing 3 pairs of jeans. It worked a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment